For microfluidic systems and microbioreactors
NEW fuctionalised nanostructured membranes for high-speed, small-scale screening of enzymes’ and biocatalysts’ activity and affinity.
How does it work?
More than ever before time and cost-to-market are increasingly paramount elements to meet the economic challenges of launching new and innovative enzymes and biocatalysts.
Tiss®-Microfluidics has the potential to meet these two elements by down-scaling the size, increasing the throughput and the speed of enzymatic screening tests.
Tiss®-Microfluidics stems from a proprietary Tiss® Technology (polymeric nonwoven nanofibre functionalisable membranes manufactured by electrospinning). Potentially any types of biomolecules can be covalently attached to the Tiss® membranes.
Tiss®-Microfluidics is currently mainly developed for their integration in new high throughput automated instrumentations to expedite the screening of enzymes and biocatalysts candidate libraries against properties/features such as affinity for the substrate, solubility, resistance to temperature and pH variation,…
- Tiss®-Link: Pre-activated surface for direct covalent immobilisation of biomolecules. Tiss®-Link directly and covalently attaches any biomolecule under mild conditions of temperature and pH (room temperature and physiological pH) in a short period of time.
- Tiss®-NH2: High concentration of –NH2 groups and a high degree of biocompatibility, which is important for decreasing background in biological assays and in preventing denaturation of the immobilised biomolecule.
- Tiss®-Streptavidin: High amount of covalently attached streptavidin for direct immobilisation of bioting-labaled-biomolecules. This new format of support allows a fast and easy capture of biomolecules by only a simple immersion into the matrix. No centrifugation or magnetic separation steps are needed... Just dip, wait and ready to check!.
- Tiss®-Metal: High amount of plain metal nanoparticles of Silver and Gold for immobilisation and purifications of biomolecules.
- Tiss®-IMAC: High concentration of special metal-based groups for Immobilized Metal ion Affinity Chromatography (IMAC). Tiss-IMAC membranes allow histidine-tagged biomolecules to be specifically retained. Elution of the protein of interest can be carried out by changing the pH, or adding a competitive molecule, such as imidazole..
- Tiss®-Biosens: Coaxial nanofibre membrane containing and oxygen-indicator dye in the inner fibre and a pre-activated surface for direct covalent immobilisation of biomolecules in the outher fibre.
Through the EUROMBR E-funded Consortium NanoMyP® is investigating the conditions and the respective optimisation to covalently immobilise biomolecules of interest (enzymes, biocatalysts, antibodies, proteins,…) in microfluidic bioreactors via the use of the Tiss® Technology.
Do you wish to get a price proposal for our product or services as well as additional pieces of information as to applications in the enzyme and biocatalyst markets?
Dr. Angel Valero, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com
Scientific and Technology matters:
Dr. Antonio Medina, Chief Scientific Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org