Nanostructured membranes for covalent immobilisation of molecules
Tiss®-Membranes is a family of polymer nonwoven nanofibre membranes made by electrospinning, with several chemical functionalisations and/or doped with metal nanoparticles.
|Experiments with Green Fluorescent Protein, demonstrated that the use of Tiss®-Membranes enhances the sensitivity of ELISA testing at least by a factor of 4, reduces the incubation period of the test prior to testing by a factor of 2 and halves the amount of immobilised biomolecules required per test.|
- Very high specific surface
- Highly hydrophilic but insoluble in aqueous media as well as in apolar solvents (oil, toluene…)
- Excellent mechanical properties:
- easily manipulated,
- high mechanical strength,
- high abrasion resistance,
- high flexibility,
- temperature resistance (up to 100 º C)
- and aqueous and aqueous / organic resistance without changing the structure of the fibres
- Readily processable on industrial scale at a low cost.
- Short distance between the membrane and the biomolecule (3-atom spacer).
Tiss®-Link: Pre-activated surface for direct covalent immobilisation of biomolecules. Tiss®-Link directly and covalently attaches any biomolecule under mild conditions of temperature and pH (room temperature and physiological pH) in a short period of time.
Tiss®-NH2: High concentration of –NH2 groups and a high degree of biocompatibility, which is important for decreasing background in biological assays and in preventing denaturation of the immobilised biomolecule.
Tiss®-IMAC: High concentration of special metal-based groups for Immobilized Metal ion Affinity Chromatography (IMAC). Tiss®-IMAC membranes allow histidine-tagged biomolecules to be specifically retained. Elution of the protein of interest can be carried out by changing the pH, or adding a competitive molecule, such as imidazole.
Tiss®-Membranes are specially recommended to act as a support for all the applications that require a covalent immobilisation of (bio)molecules such as peptides, antibodies, enzymes,….:
- Biomolecule immobilisation for assay and diagnostic kits
- Biocatalysis (biotransformations, enzyme-organic chemistry)
- Controlled-release systems of molecules (drugs, antioxidants or antimicrobials)
- Decontamination (metal elimination) from water
NanoMyP® is the only company that provides this type of membranes as they are based on a patented technology.
Custom Design Materials
NanoMyP® offers its technology and experience for designing nonwoven nanofibre membranes on demand. Tiss®-Membranes can be designed with the physico-chemical properties required to be used in different applications such as biomedicine, sensing technology, drug delivery, micro and nano encapsulation, catalysis, biocatalysis, protein immobilisation, filter technology, etc.
Please contact our Technical Department.