Nanostructured membranes for covalent immobilisation of molecules
Tiss®-Membranes are NEW nanostructured membranes for covalent immobilisation of different molecules and biomolecules.
Experiments with Green Fluorescent Protein, demonstrated that the use of Tiss®-Membranes enhances the sensitivity of ELISA testing at least by a factor of 4, reduces the incubation period of the test prior to testing by a factor of 2 and halves the amount of immobilised biomolecules required per test.
How does it work?
The Tiss®-Membranes is a family of polymeric nonwoven nanofibre membranes made by electrospinning. These membranes are specially recommended to act as a support for all the applications that require a covalent immobilisation of (bio)molecules such as peptides, antibodies, enzymes,….
- Tiss®-Link: Pre-activated surface for direct covalent immobilisation of biomolecules. Tiss®-Link directly and covalently attaches any biomolecule under mild conditions of temperature and pH (room temperature and physiological pH) in a short period of time.
- Tiss®-NH2: High concentration of –NH2 groups and a high degree of biocompatibility, which is important for decreasing background in biological assays and in preventing denaturation of the immobilised biomolecule.
- Tiss®-Streptavidin: High amount of covalently attached streptavidin for direct immobilisation of bioting-labaled-biomolecules. This new format of support allows a fast and easy capture of biomolecules by only a simple immersion into the matrix. No centrifugation or magnetic separation steps are needed... Just dip, wait and ready to check!.
- Tiss®-Metal: High amount of plain metal nanoparticles of Silver and Gold for immobilisation and purifications of biomolecules.
- Tiss®-IMAC: High concentration of special metal-based groups for Immobilized Metal ion Affinity Chromatography (IMAC). Tiss-IMAC membranes allow histidine-tagged biomolecules to be specifically retained. Elution of the protein of interest can be carried out by changing the pH, or adding a competitive molecule, such as imidazole.
Properties: These membranes have a very high specific surface, they are highly hydrophilic but insoluble in aqueous media as well as in apolar solvents (oil, toluene…) and have excellent mechanical properties: easily manipulated, high mechanical strength, high abrasion resistance, high flexibility, temperature resistance (up to 100 º C) and aqueous and aqueous / organic resistance without changing the structure of the fibres. In addition, they are readily processable at industrial scale at a low cost and they have excellent chemical properties, based on NanoMyP® patented technology, for direct covalent immobilisation of a high load of almost any type of biomolecule (enzyme, antibody, antigen ...) under mild temperature and pH conditions and short time period.
Tiss membranes are specially indicated for the following procedures:
- Biomolecule immobilisation for assay and diagnostic kits
- Biocatalysis (biotransformations, enzyme-organic chemistry).
- Plasmonic sensing.
- Development of antifungal materials.
- Controlled release systems of molecules (drugs, antioxidants or antimicrobials).
- Decontamination (metal elimination) from water.
- Smart packaging systems, indicators of the quality and freshness of the packaged food.
- Water and gas filters.
Custom Design Materials
NanoMyP® offers its technology and experience for designing nonwoven nanofibre membranes on demand. Tiss® series can be designed with the physico-chemical properties required to be used in different applications such as biomedicine, sensing technology, drug delivery, micro and nano encapsulation, catalysis, biocatalysis, protein immobilization, filter technology, etc. Please contact our Technical Department.