Polymer blend functionalised with OH groups
PolymBlend® is a polymer blend which has been formulated with an optimum mixture of two high molecular weight statistic copolymers to produce materials with properties difficult to achieve with conventional polymers (see the Technical Data Sheet).
(average Mw 200 kDa, PDI < 2.5)
(average Mw 2,000 kDa, PDI < 1.5)
PolymBlend® has been thoroughly optimised for the production of nonwoven mats by electrospinning with different percentages of OH groups in their structure and excellent mechanical and physicochemical properties. You can see the excellent characteristics of PolymBlend® in the following video:
- It is miscible with other polymers and copolymers.
- It is soluble, up to 14% w/w, in DMF, DMSO, dioxane, NMP and solvents with similar polarities.
- It is resistant to acids and bases in a wide pH range (4.0 to 11.5)
- The percentage of the hydroxylated monomers in the polymer blend depends on the ratio in which the two copolymers are mixed.
The properties of PolymBlend® make it very versatile for the preparation of a multitude of materials with applicability in many areas of knowledge.
The applications of PolymBlend® are summarised in:
- Nonwoven materials: Download the User guide for processing PolymBlend® by electrospinning and see how easy it is in the following video.
- Films & coatings: it can be used for the formulation and preparation of polymeric films using other techniques (spin coating, knife coating, curtain coating, etc.) as well as for the preparation of thin coatings, porous membranes, etc.
- Optical sensing phases
See the following video of the applications of PolymBlend®:
NanoMyP® is the only company that provides this kind of polymer blend. The properties of PolymBlend® can be easily tuned, and thus can be adapted to a specific application.